Thermostat Repair, Fix Thermostat Problems & Thermostat ReplacementTucson, AZ, Oro Valley, AZ, Catalina, AZ, Catalina Foothills, AZ, Casas Adobes, AZ & Tortolita, AZ
Is there a noticeable difference between the actual room temperature and the display of the thermostat? There are a variety of reasons why the thermostat isn’t meeting expectations. A blown fuse or dead batteries might be the cause. Temperature Control, Inc. has put together some troubleshooting tips for a DIY fix. For any concerns, we welcome calls to (520) 815-5665. Schedule prompt appointments with our NATE-certified professional. We provide skilled HVAC services across Tucson, Casas Adobes, Catalina Foothills, Amphi, Flowing Wells, Oro Valley, Tortolita, and Catalina, AZ.
Possibilities for Solving Thermostat Problems:
Check for power
– Start by making sure there isn’t a blown fuse, tripped circuit breaker or dead batteries causing the concerns.
– Dust, dirt and grime can interfere with electrical and mechanical functions of the thermostat. A soft, clean brush or compressed can be used to gently clean components and remove debris. Do not use a wet cloth and be careful not to further damage the device.
Loose wires or screws
– Look for detached, loose or corroded wires or terminal screws.
– The fan setting should be on AUTO so that the blower only operates when the air conditioner or furnace is working.
– You don’t want the nearby temperature interfering with the thermostat reading. If sun or drafts hit the thermostat, the reading will be affected.
End of service life
– Thermostats don’t last forever. Consider an upgrade to a modern smart thermostat and enjoy improved comfort, control and conveniences.